Governance Officer - Ealing based - (??33,000-??36,000)
McGregor Boyall are pleased to be recruiting for a Governance Officer for one of the largest Housing Associations based in Ealing.
The organisation has over 400 staff whilst growing due to a recent acquisition it is presenting the opportunity to be a part of a culture that devotes training and ongoing development as part of their drive to learn programme, as a Governance Officer you will truly have the exposure to continuous training in a friendly and forward thinking environment.
Everyone at the organisation has a Professional Development Plan, which helps you and your manager to identify and plan how you'll gain new skills and experiences and achieve your career goals as well as a one paid for subscription to a professional body that is relevant to your role.
The company comes with a plethora of benefits including:
- Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked to keep up with current market rates.
- 27 days paid annual leave moving to 30 days after 2 years continual service.
- The opportunity to buy and sell up to five days' of annual leave each year.
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Enhanced family friendly leave schemes.
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 5% of your monthly salary with another 9% by us.
- Interest free travel loans for annual season ticket holders using public transport, cyclists and annual car parking fees.
- The use of Enterprise Car Club cars if you need to drive to a different location to do your job (London-based colleagues only).
- A great office environment which offers a hangout area with table tennis, comfy sofas and TVs. We also have shower facilities at our London offices for the keen athletes out there.
- Weekly yoga classes and a range of other sports, wellbeing and general social clubs, with events that everyone can get involved in throughout the year.
About the role:
One of our core priorities across all parts of the business is delivering an excellent experience every time to every customer, internal and external. Our service style is being easy, reliable and empathetic - which you will make a central part of your role.
- You will have responsibility for the oversight and administration of the Group's boards and committees. This will include arranging meetings and AGMs, preparing agendas, collating and circulating papers, taking minutes and monitoring follow up actions.
- You will have a great eye for detail and will be adept at proof-reading and checking papers and documents.
- In addition, you will maintain Board and committee records, including papers, minutes and other documents.
- You will act as a point of contact for enquiries about corporate governance and support the administration of incoming communications to the team.
- You will work collaboratively with teams across the business and will develop proactive and positive working relationships to assist in the smooth function of governance administration services.
- You will be a good communicator and team player at all levels, with the appropriate level of gravitas to discharge the function, and proactively assume responsibility for additional tasks, in line with the changing workloads and priorities of the department.
- As some meetings will be scheduled outside of normal office hours, you will be flexible in your working times and approach.
Your fit for this role will be evidenced by your previous governance experience and career to date. Although knowledge of the social housing sector would be desirable, it may be that you bring with you transferable skills from other sectors.
Our 'must haves' are:
- A track record in governance
- The capacity to work under pressure, with the ability to respond promptly and proactively
- Good communication skills, evidencing gravitas and diplomacy
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and high levels of literacy.
- A team player
- IT skills, with proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word, Adobe/NitroPro and PowerPoint; and a flexible approach to working
- You'll deliver easy, reliable, empathetic service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers' needs, identifying and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will
- Knowledge of Blueprint or equivalent software is desirable, but not essential.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.