Timber Frame Design Technician - Thermal Solutions/Energy Assessor
Job Title: Timber Frame Design Technician - Thermal Solutions/Energy Assessor
Location: Scotframe - Inverurie Salary: Competitive
Scotframe are part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (2)
We are looking for a highly motivated Timber Frame Design Technician to join our Scotframe family based in Inverurie. The successful candidate will support the business by preparing thermal solutions for customers, developers and stakeholders. You'll also assist our technical team with relevant details to allow site personnel to erect our products efficiently and support colleagues with technical industry legislation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring customers have enough information to enable them to get costings for thermal solutions supplied.
- Assisting the Sales and Estimating teams with thermal modelling solutions to best suit customer's budgets.
- Being up to speed on new innovation renewable heating / thermal materials and costs.
- Assisting the Technical Manager to keep all departments abreast of technical changes within the industry.
- Continually looking forward to development and ideas to maintain the continual growth of Scotframe Timber Engineers High Technical Standards.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Construction/design related HNC/HND/Degree or working towards an HNC / HND Building qualification.
- Highly IT literate in systems relevant to the role i.e. Microsoft Office / AutoCAD / SAP Software.
- Ability to understand customer and business requirements.
- Experience of a Technical department and the understanding of the principles of Timber Frame Construction.
- Being able to produce robust U-Value calculations.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to identify and implement performance goals, priorities, recommend measures.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As a Scotframe employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.