Machinist / CNC
Pay £11.92 per hour and £14.32 shift rate.
At Colas Rail UK we work on some of the most exciting projects to keep the nation moving with operations spread across three divisions, Rail Services, Infrastructure and Urban
We are actively seeking a Skilled Manual Machinist
Must be able to operate and show experience of working the following machine tools: vertical/horizontal borer, centre lathes, milling machines, radial arm drill, and other applicable machine shop duties.
Must be able to operate:
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Apprentice trained, skilled manual machinist
- City and Guilds or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline but relevant experience will also be acceptable.
- Ability to operate manual machine tools, in particular, horizontal borer,
- To be fully conversant with reading and understanding engineering drawings.
- Use measuring instruments to meet tight tolerance requirements.
- Recording critical dimensions on associated Inspection Sheets.
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ensure that all work carried out is compliant with the Quality and Safety Competency Management System (QSCMS).
- Able to work independently to tight deadlines, as well as play an active part in a team.
- Ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly, meeting required timescales
- Feedback to engineering any machining process improvement idea's drawing tolerance amendments required.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Good team player
- Safety orientated, that all work carried out within team(s) is compliant with health and safety legislation and organisational health and safety policies and procedures, as much as reasonably practicable.
- Able to work flexibly across the working week, including a shift pattern when required, and work across a broad range of activities as the role evolves.
- Participate as and when required in the team and one to one meetings, and undertake, as appropriate, courses, training and other developmental activities, relevant to the role.