Land Drainage Operative
Land Drainage Operative
LOCATION: Covering Lincoln, Grantham, Gainsborough, Horncastle, Woodhall Spa and surrounding rural areas
SALARY & BENEFITS: £23,328 per annum or £11.78 per hour
The Boards offer a contributory Local Government pension scheme, works vehicle, opportunities for overtime and excellent employee training.
WORKING HOURS: Working hours will be based around a 76 hour working fortnight, with alternate non-working Fridays.
An exciting opportunity for a Tracked and Wheel Excavator Operator has arisen to join the team at Witham and Humber Drainage Boards.
THE ROLE: Responsible for summer maintenance of the watercourse channel bed along with the full range of Land Drainage Operative duties. You will be part of the winter maintenance team, whose duties include the bushing and chipping of trees and bushes, watercourse re-profiling and bank slip repairs amongst other interesting maintenance duties
• Operating tracked Excavator with weed basket
• Operating tractor and flail
• Bank slip repairs
• Remove obstructions from culverts, grills and runs
• Day to day management and maintenance of machinery and operating equipment
• Manage, maintain and review record keeping in electronic and paper format
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of your day to day duties.
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will be self-motivated and comfortable working alone. You will be happy to travel to different sites as and when required. You must be willing to adapt your skill set to a broad range of seasonal operations, assist with a diverse range of land drainage duties and available to respond to extensive rainfall and extreme weather call-out requests
Key experience for the role of Land Drainage Operative:
• Full clean driving licence you can use in the UK
• Proven experience operating a tracked and wheeled Excavator and weed basket is desirable
• Comfortable working alone and as part of a team
• An excellent knowledge of safe working practices, and health & safety procedures
• Happy to travel to various sites when required
• Experience operating a tractor and paddock flail is also desirable
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Land Drainage Operative position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.