Administration Analyst (Insurance)
Role: Administration Analyst (Insurance)
Location: London, UK
- Ensure that the company's administration standards and time service requirements are applied to the handling of all business received.
- Ensure that the administration of all UK business adheres to Client treaties.
- For your specific client responsibility, provide administration data for input to accounting records, valuation systems and regulatory returns.
- Ensure Ira month end deadlines are met. This includes working with team members to ensure data can be processed in a timely and accurate manner to achieve this goal.
- Ensure administration data is provided to retrocession clients in a timely and accurate manner.
- As and when required assist with the calculations for the offline International Retro Pool data (inforce, billing and accrual information).
- As and when required, assist with policy exhibit calculation and upload to administration system.
- Attend Client Audits/Assurance Reviews as and when required.
- Ensure administration processes and procedures are fully documented.
- Maintain a professional and working relationship with clients.
- Provide cover for Claims Administration role when required.
- Provide support on relevant Administration audits.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of UK and Irish reinsurance practices and specific Client treaty practices as they pertain to the management and handling of transfer of risk.
- Ensure that premiums relating to UK business are administered appropriately through the CLIENT chain of companies, external retro companies and the International Retro Pool.
- Ensure documents that provide input to regular management information are completed in a timely and accurate manner ie workstats, client data files and payment tracking etc.
- Ensured data is provided for UK underwriting audits.
- Gain market knowledge of Life Reinsurance and its implications within administration.
- Gain good understanding of processing client data on Client administration systems.
- Gain good understanding of retrocession through the Client chain of companies, external retrocession and the International Retro Pool.
- Reporting to the Administration Manager and working closely with other members of the Operations team.
- Contribute to the team building spirit within the company.
- Working closely with other Client UK teams.
- Strong IT skills with a good understanding of MS Excel and Access
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills; with the ability to interact with employees at all levels and across different departments
- Ability to focus on priorities, targets and deadlines
- Ability to plan and manage owns time and several projects at once, delivering them to agreed schedules
- Proactive team player who can also work on own initiative
- Ability to develop original and creative ideas to problems and develop new approaches.
- Ability to contribute to the team building spirit within the company