Yard Supervisor - Jewson Builders' Merchants - Corby, Northamptonshire
Jewson are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (2)
As the UK's leading supplier of building materials and sustainable timber, we here at Jewson always aim to provide a friendly and knowledgeable customer service, regardless of whether you're from a retail or trade background. So if you have the drive and motivation to influence a team, then we may have the opportunity for you!
Our Jewson Corby team are looking for a dedicated Yard Supervisor to play a pivotal role in supporting management, supervising the yard team to deliver an excellent customer experience. You will also be expected to make sure your team are fully compliant with best practice Health and Safety processes, whilst working towards Branch Sales and profit targets.
As a Yard Supervisor with Jewson, you will:
- Manage and support a dedicated team of yard staff, ensuring that we deliver our commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Keep up to date on your knowledge of products, technology and regulations.
- Deal with customers on a day to day basis in the yard building long term relationships. You will also be a central point of contact for customer queries.
- Complete all necessary Health & Safety audits for the yard and pass to the Branch Manager for weekly verification.
- Ensure all sales orders are promptly processed to meet customer needs.
- Regulate stock levels in order to keep stock shrinkage to a minimum, provide accurate daily stock counts and ensure that all goods are correctly priced via label checks.
- Maintain shop and yard areas to a high standard of health, safety and neatness.
- Plan lorry loads to ensure maximum weights are not exceeded.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers.
So if you???
- Have fantastic customer service experience and know what great service looks, sounds and feels like.
- Can operate a forklift truck to ensure our delivery drivers get in and out in double quick time (a licence would be of an advantage, though training can be supplied)
- Have experience of people management/supervisory skills.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Are pro-active, flexible and able to deliver with a high level of accuracy.
- Have knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety regulations.
???we may just be the right fit for each other! Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As a Jewson employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.