Hourly Paid Learning Support Assistant
Hourly Paid Learning Support Assistant – Northampton Sites (Cross-College)
Hours: Variable hours on an as needed basis
Salary: £10.07 – £10.60 per hour (dependent on skills, qualifications and experience)
Reporting to: Learning Support Assistant Supervisor
Primary Location: Could be any of the 2 Northampton college sites
Closing Date: There is no closing date for this role so please submit your application asap
About Northampton College
Northampton College is proud, as the leading provider of further education in the South East Midlands region, to have been ranked, in the 2017/2018 National Achievement Rates Tables (NART), as 11th out of more than 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year old education and training. As a College, who have been rated by Ofsted as ‘good’ with outstanding features, we are committed to developing the professional and technical skills of our students, who the workforce and leaders of the future.
The ALS Team
The Additional Learning Support service comprises of both academic and business support functions. The service sits within the school of Maths, English and Learning Support and is well resourced and supported by the Executive Management Team. ALS is allocated across the college for students with Special Educational Needs and Disability, and in response to outcomes in Education Health and Care plans.
The team services study programmes ranging from Foundation Studies, Entry Level 3 and at Levels 1 – 3 up to Advanced Level, learners on apprentices and potentially students on higher education courses.
Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) work to assist subject teachers to enable their student to reach their greatest potential whilst studying at college. LSAs are also supported and directed by specialist practitioners.
Due to the diverse nature of the students we work with, we welcome applicants from backgrounds both within and outside of Education.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
- Experience of working with young people
- An awareness of Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- An ability to bring their own unique contribution to the diverse range of students across the college
Rewards and Benefits include:
- 35 days annual leave, comprising 24 personal days, 8 Bank Holidays and 3 closure days
- Discounts through membership of the NUS, ranging from Student Prime (Amazon), to eating out, fashion, beauty, entertainment, technology and travel
- Eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined contribution scheme including an employer contribution rate of 18.6%)
- Free car parking
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Support Helpline
- Enhanced maternity/shared parental and paternity schemes
- Gym facilities
- Paid Compassionate Leave - up to five working days paid absence (in a rolling twelve month period) on compassionate grounds in the event of bereavement or serious illness of a close relative)
If you would like to be part of a successful team please apply via our on-line application form by clicking on the apply now button and then clearly outlining your experience, skills and qualifications.
This post will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check