Job Title: Deputy Manager – Children’s Residential Home
Employer: East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Hours: Full-time - 37 hours per week
Base: Pocklington, East Riding of Yorkshire
We seek a Deputy Home Manager to join our Corporate Parenting Service based at The Croft Children’s Home, Pocklington.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is an innovative local authority which constantly strives to improve the standard of services provided to children and families in our area. Our vision is to ensure that vulnerable children and young people receive excellent placements and support to keep them safe and to make sure they reach their full potential. We are responding to the challenges we face with energy and innovation.
The outcome of our last Ofsted inspection found that services for vulnerable children across the East Riding were judged to be “good” with “outstanding” features. Inspectors found that “vulnerable children in the East Riding receive good quality, well co-ordinated support that safeguards them well and improves their lives”. We are continuing our commitment to further improve our services supported by the council with increased investment and we are strengthening our capacity to deliver high quality services. Children’s Social Care and Corporate Parenting Services have also recently been awarded Partner in Practice status and are embarking on a period of creative service development and delivery including exciting Edge of Care support and provision that you will be involved with.
The Croft Children’s Home is currently rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted – February 2019.
This role is crucial in supporting and nurturing our looked after children.
- be passionate about ensuring our most vulnerable children are supported to achieve their full potential
- be an innovative and creative child centred practitioner capable of leading and developing a dedicated team to perform at the highest level
- be a solution focussed manager
- be able to lead and manage staff
- be reflective and analytical in your approach and able to confidently lead and support the home manager and the team through Ofsted inspections and monitoring
- understand the local authority performance management framework and be able to support your team to achieve the high standards required
- be able to work on your own initiative and perform as part of the home’s management team
- be able to build positive working relationships with children and young people, professionals and carers as well as respectfully challenge when appropriate
- be a confident and competent practitioner who has an excellent understanding of the statutory requirements relating to residential care and children looked after and keeping children safe
- have a very good understanding of what it means to work for a high performing local authority and be able to efficiently and effectively implement policies and procedures.
Key benefits include:
- strong management support at all levels
- regular reflective supervision
- use of evidence based practice models
- excellent training opportunities with personal access to Community Care Inform and Research in Practice
- an opportunity to make a real difference to children and families
- ‘My Time Active’ Leisure Pass (free access to council leisure centre facilities as part of your role).
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this post you must have within the last five years, worked for at least two years in a post relevant to the residential care of children and worked for at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
You must have a full current driving licence and access to your own vehicle. If you are a dedicated professional who wants to make a difference to children looked after and enjoy the rewards of this challenging work, please contact Robert Bridgett, tel (01759) 303325.
Application pack available at https://bit.ly/2lxKv6K
Advert No: CYSS000468
Closing Date: 22 September 2019
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. This council is pursuing equality of opportunity in employment.