HGV Class 2 Driver
LOCATION: Bridgwater, Somerset
JOB TITLE: HGV Class 2 Drivers
SALARY & BENEFITS: £26,520.00
WORKING HOURS: Full Time (No Nights) – will require reflexible approach to start/finish times and hours
THE COMPANY & THE ROLE: Are you a Class 2 Driver looking for a new challenge, and to join a globally recognised distribution company?
Our client are looking for Class 2 Drivers to work on a permanent basis in Partnership with Morrisons where you’ll be required to complete multiple drops for the customer, transporting food to customer stores as directed. This role is required to facilitate the accurate and timely completion of store deliveries and to effectively ensure the smooth running of the transport operation.
Key Duties for the HGV Class 2 Drivers role :-
- Responsible for deliveries to customer stores as directed.
- Responsible for KPI’s connected with the efficient and timely delivery of goods as directed.
- Responsible for the delivery of goods ensuring that appropriate paperwork is completed accurately.
- Responsible for interfacing with customer staff at the point of delivery.
- Ensuring that appropriate checks are carried out to the vehicle to be driven, prior to commencing work
- Reporting any issues arising within the performance of the job in line with agreed processes and procedures
- Regular completion of vehicle checks
- Loading and unloading products and stock from vehicle
- Comply with appropriate Working Time and Tachograph Legislation
- Work safely within the H&S and environmental guidelines, and insist that others do the same
- Maintain regular contact with the Transport Team
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the HGV Class 2 Drivers role will need to have a valid Licence entitling them to drive a Class 2 vehicle and will ideally have previous experience Driving Class 2 Drivers, however newly qualified drivers will still be considered as successful candidates will need to undergo a Driving Assessment as part of the interview process. In addition candidates will need to ideally have an up to date CPC card and although this role is working days and not nights, candidates will still need to be able to take a flexible approach to working hours as start and finish times may vary. The right person for the role will represent the Company in a professional manner and provide excellent customer service at all times. They will be a dedicated and committed individual, with excellent communication skills and desire to deliver superb results.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the HGV Class 2 Drivers role in Bridgwater :-
Must have a Class 2 Driving Licence
Up to date CPC and previous experience Driving Class 2 vehicles would be ideal
Will need to be able to commute to Brigdwater, Somerset
Will need to be able to take a flexible approach to working hours (no nights)
Good communication skills
Does this sound like you? If Yes then click the apply button now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps