Bank Nurse - HMP Holme House
- Full Time
Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? We are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed Registered General Nurses.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Benefits as a Bank Nurse:
- ??20.00 per hour
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
HMP Holme House holds up to 1200 sentenced adult males in 7 residential units. It also has a 16 bedded inpatient unit for the North East Region.
We provide primary care in a range of clinics which include but are not limited to Dressings / Venepuncture/ Nurse Triage / Smoking Cessation. We administer medication up to 4 times a day; this includes Controlled Drugs (CD's) and Opiate Substitution Treatment (OST).
Holme House also has a dedicated DART (Drug Alcohol Recovery Team).
Holme House is close to the A19 for easy access. We have a free on-site staff car park and gym.We welcome applications from experienced and newly qualified nurses. Newly qualified nurses will be supported through a Preceptorship Package and further training.
We support nurses to participate in physical assessment skills training and prescribing courses, where appropriate, and place a high value on development and career opportunities. The opportunity to extend clinical skills are offered through access to training with our partner Universities, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a Bank Nurse:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
G4S value excellent patient care and has a dynamic approach to nursing in a complex setting. We welcome visits to the prison due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. We offer competitive rates of pay for successful applicants, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
*Ts &Cs apply