Learning & Development Business Partner
Location: Head Office Hanger Lane London
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our E-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world's leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
People Experience Vision: GET, GROW, KEEP- Creating Employee Value
The Learning & Development Business Partner will report to the Senior Talent Manager and be primarily accountable for delivering support to our Head Office functions. In this role you will be responsible for on-boarding new employees, delivering career development solutions, supporting a coaching and mentoring culture and growing apprenticeships.
Core responsibilities include the following:
- Organising and promoting a calendar of events to underpin career succession.
- Delivery of Welcome to River Island induction.
- Working with line managers and department buddies in developing new starters skills and knowledge.
- Work with department SMEs to create great job skills masterclasses and workshops.
- Organise and lead development days.
- Build successful relationships within Head Office to interpret needs and requirements.
- Develop core management skills through the Model the Way programme.
- Implement effective and creative solutions for 'employee led' learning focusing on the 70:20:10 learning philosophy which provides blended learning solutions.
- Continually review learning interventions to ensure maximum impact and effectiveness through data driven ROI and MI reporting.
- Provide support to embed the River Island Career Development & Performance approach.
We are looking for???.
- Experience within a similar Learning and Development role, ideally within a retail environment
- The ability to innovate learning and facilitate on-going learning between programme modules to embed skills and knowledge.
- A desire to work at pace and with high energy.
- The ability to identify and assess learning and development requirements in line with departmental objectives and develop learning solutions which are fresh and innovative.
- A passion and enthusiasm for developing learning materials which make best use of current technology using a blended learning approach.
- Excellent communication skills, personal impact with management and a credibility that makes others listen.
- Commercially astute.
We provide great benefits for our employees???
- 50% staff discount
- Pension scheme
- On-site gym
- On-site staff shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking
- RI Perks at Work