Junior Photographer - 4 Month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Head Office Hanger Lane London
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Photographer to join the Studio team ( ) at our Head Office. As part of the studio team, you will assist with the photography of River Island's repertoire of products. You will have the opportunity to be involved in innovative and eye catching photography and thereby constantly improving the shopping experience at riverisland.com.
We are looking for a talented individual who is interested in expanding their experience and developing on their existing product photography skills. You must have previous experience in fashion photography within a studio/catalogue/still life type of environment.
Key priorities of the position include to:-
- Take digital images of products styled on mannequins and accessories on product table using Capture Pro and follow photographic guidelines focusing on lighting and final image quality
- Receive creative direction and approvals from Web Team
- Prepare sets, ensuring all equipment is functioning and set up lighting
- Upload Digital Images
- Name and maintain digital asset file/structure organisation
- Perform quality assurance on all images
- Select final images with Stylist
- Crop digital photographic images
- Ensure colour consistency between image assets
- Write detailed retouch notes on images
- Upload assets to servers in accordance with guidelines
- Accurately archive images so that they are easily accessible
- Meet daily deadlines to prepare for new website material
- Be responsible for care and upkeep of all studio equipment, props and supplies.
- Support with ad hoc duties as and when required
- Take digital images of products styled on models when required or experience level is reached
Suitable candidates must demonstrate the following:-
- Degree in photography and/or previous experience in a studio environment/catalogue environment
- A strong photography portfolio that demonstrates sufficient knowledge and techniques of digital photography and lighting
- Proven experience with digital cameras and lighting.
- High technical proficiency in PhotoShop (Mac), Capture Pro and networked computers
- Good understanding of colour correction and image constraints
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work under extreme pressure to meet creative deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and confidently and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Proactive and able to take initiative.
- Detail oriented
Please note: A portfolio of work will be required if successful to reach interview stage