Assistant Merchandiser - Womenswear
Location: Head Office Hanger Lane London
With over 60 years of fashion retailing experience, River Island is one of the most successful companies on the High Street. River Island has over 300 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally throughout Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
We are looking for individuals who are ambitious and will thrive from working in a fast paced environment within a creative and vibrant business.
What will you do as an Assistant Merchandiser?
Are you an ambitious Assistant Merchandiser looking to build your Merchandising career within a fashion led environment? We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Team! Working with the Merchandiser, you will be assisting with the trading of your department, ultimately maximising profit and minimising markdowns.
Key duties will include:-
- Setting up accurate delivery schedules
- Highlighting delivery discrepancies, proposing necessary actions to take
- Organising line requirements and gains approval from Merchandiser to phase intake
- Adapting and updating distribution plans to reflect current performance.
- Working with the Merchandiser to integrate previous season experience and lessons learnt into department strategy
- Liaising with Assistant Buyer and Buying Team to gain information about key trends, shapes, colour, looks etc
- Working with Merchandiser in constructing the optimum range for the target market by balancing price architecture, fashion/risk profile and category, supplier profiles, colour, size and mixes throughout the chain
- Managing day to day problems/issues that arise in the absence of the Merchandiser
- Analysing and collating data to provide support to the team in decision making
- Constantly monitoring and reviewing store performance in order to potentialise profit
- Managing and developing allocation team, overseeing and delegating their worklolad
- Ad hoc projects
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Currently at Assistant Merchandiser level within a high volume fast paced fashion environment
- Strong commercial awareness with an interest in fashion and retail
- Highly numerate and analytical with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Passion to develop a long-term career within Merchandising
- A methodical/logical approach to work and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Experience in managing and developing junior members of the team
- Love the brand as much as we do!
What is it like to work for River Island?
If you love being within the hustle and bustle of fashion, then River Island is the place to be! You will be part of a highly motivated team who are passionate about what they do and always contributing to the success of our business. We are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
What other benefits will you enjoy?
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 50% staff discount in store and on-line
- Company Pension Scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised canteen
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Staff Shop
- Ride to work scheme
- Onsite parking