The Management Accountant will need strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to present information in different formats. They will also need to have the ability to work under pressure and manage their own priorities; which is a key requirement of the role.
The key responsibility for this role is to be able to communicate job expectations for the team you will be managing. You will need to plan, monitor, and assess job results; coaching and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards. The team need to be coached by the management accountant to enable them to develop their professional skills and knowledge. Therefore, previous experience in managing/supervising a finance team, is essential.
This role would suit a motivated and proactive Management Accountant with excellent analytical skills and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook Email and Sage 200
- Experience working with accountancy software.
- To have had experience in vat reporting and an understanding of toms.
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- To have an understanding of FX and FX hedging.
- To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, which can be demanding, but rewarding.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure is a key requirement of the role.
- Previous experience in managing/supervising a finance team, is essential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance.
- To have a good understanding of group accounting and the maintaining intercompany reconciliations.
- To review and analyse the current financial system in place and implement new procedures and changes.
- To maintain and manage the intercompany accounts for all the businesses in the group.
- Collate, analyse and present accurate management information to senior management.
- Responsibility for the day to day running of all finance reporting ensuring that all financial information that is produced is correct and accurate.