Lead Document Controller
Lead Document Controller
About the role
To support the Head of Document Control in the management of Project documentation in accordance with procedures and systems. Provide a service to maintain project documentation control across key accounts.
- Lead a team of Project Document Controllers
- Provide a Document Control service to allocated projects
- Manage project documentation from creation to retention & archiving
- Maintain a document management system, manually or electronic
- Register and action project documentation
- Maintain document history and authentication (versions & revisions)
- Control the issue and distribution of project documentation
- Ensure all documentation transmitted is recorded and traceable
- Ensure all documentation is correctly authorised and accepted
- Maintain a controlled and secure storage location for project documentation
- Conduct a check on all project documentation to ensure the standards are met
- Handle documentation in line with project security and document security classifications
- Set up and carry out Project Document Reporting
- Development of Document Control processes and procedures
- Maintain Document Control project and departmental templates
- Undertake Internal and external Audits as required
- Handover of Documentation, Retention and Archiving
- Photocopying, Scanning and departmental Administration
- The supervision and overall control and reporting of Project Documentation
- Document Control Support and management to main Project Office and Satellite project offices (if applicable)
What do I need to do the role?
- Formal Document Control or Records Management Qualification or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Project Document Process
- Knowledge of Document Security Restrictions and HMS Document Classification Scheme.
- A High level of computing literacy
- Significant experience of Document Control ideally in a regulated Industry
- Sound Knowledge of Project Management and project controls to deliver successfully packages of work on multi-disciplined projects.
- Able to lead/supervise a team of staff
- An Awareness of ISO15489
- An awareness of Legal Admissibility & Evidential Weight of Information Act
What else do I need to know?
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.