Media Officer (Job Share)
Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.
About the role
This post is key to raising the profile of Alzheimer’s Society and increasing understanding of dementia in Wales.
The Media Officer is responsible for developing and delivering Alzheimer’s Society’s external communications for the country.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering and evaluating media relations activity that increases the profile of the charity and the issues associated with dementia.
- Developing effective communication campaigns that cover traditional and digital media, to increase understanding of dementia.
- Working with important internal and external partners and building relationships with people living with dementia and their carers to help inform our work.
- The Media Officer may be required to manage and work with volunteers. There is no staff line management required for this role. While there may be a requirement to travel throughout the UK on occasion, most travel will be within Wales.
- The workings hours for this role will be fulfilled across Monday and Tuesday.
We are looking for a proactive, tenacious, and committed Media Officer, hungry for a challenge.
You will work in close collaboration with your job share colleague and other teams across the organisation to increase awareness and understanding of dementia in Wales. You will have good understanding of local and national media in Wales, an eye for a good news story and be creative in your approach to securing high impact media coverage.
You will be a strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills. You will specialise in devising and executing successful campaigns across traditional and social media. If have the right experience and expertise to help us make a real and lasting change for the 45,000 people affected by dementia in Wales, we’d love to hear from you.
Our employees work hard every day to make a true difference in people's lives. We are proud to support them with a range of benefits and recognition to contribute to a strong work-life balance, including a health insurance package and travel season ticket loans. We also have various learning programmes to support you in your development and help you grow to realise your potential and shape a career with Alzheimer's Society.
You can also visit our Working for Us pages, which give you more information about what it’s like to be an employee at the Society.
If you’re experiencing problems applying for this role please contact via email.
Alzheimer’s Society embraces diversity, inclusion and accessibility for all of our people. We are committed to building a diverse organisation that represents the communities we serve and ensuring inclusion in everything we do.
Please note: Some of our roles may require a criminal records check.