Regency Barristers Chambers are currently recruiting for someone to join their clerking team, based centrally in Peterborough.
Barrister’s clerks undertake the day-to-day business administration and running of a barrister’s chambers. Barristers’ clerks work as administrators within Chambers. They keep Chambers diaries up-to-date, calculate and negotiate fees for the work carried out and ensure every member is informed of their commitments. Other duties can involve: -
- appropriately allocating cases to barristers, considering experience, availability, skills and specialisms
- planning barristers’ workloads
- negotiating and agreeing a timetable of required work
- managing financial accounts
- organising case fees collection
- negotiating and agreeing fees for cases
- checking computerised diaries and court listings to avoid clashes in commitments
- carrying out administrative and business management activities
- seeking work and marketing the Chambers via events and seminars
- liaising with solicitors and the Crown Prosecution Service
- providing the client’s solicitor with information about progress or possible delays in cases organising meetings between clients, barristers and instructing solicitors
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
Excellent organisational skills combined with good time and people management skills
A professional manner
Self-confidence, motivation and determination
Good IT skills
Ability to handle high pressure
A very competitive salary is on offer for the right candidate, hours of work are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday – Friday although flexibility may be required.
Please send your CV by 17:00, Friday 4th October to be considered for the exciting opportunity.
Please send your CV to email@example.com