Interim Investment Advisors
Harvey Nash's Edinburgh based client is looking for multiple Investment Advisors with an investment background in at least one of the following; SME finance, Property and Real Estate, Low Carbon, Housing and Transport. These opportunities are for an initial 6 month contract (anticipated to be 2 days per week) to join their team based in the city centre, who have been charged with establishing a Scottish National Investment Bank.
The Bank will work along other providers of finance to improve access to finance to SMEs in the range of ??0.1m to ??20m, along with providing access to more patient capital for mission-based finance to support development of Scotland's wider economy. ??340m has been allocated for initial lending between over 2 and it aims to mature into a business with a capitalisation of portfolio of ??2bn by 2025. This is one of the most high-profile Public Programmes of work within Scotland, and you will play a pivotal role in the success of this new venture. You will contribute to the development of new Investment Committees to guide our investment activities ahead of implementation of the Bank.
You will play a full role in the development of their Financial products and funds, and provide leadership in their implementation. Working with other Senior Advisers you will bring new perspectives and provide constructive challenge to the development of our investments. Your engagement will influence the strategic direction and development of the portfolio of "precursor" investments, ahead of the implementation of the bank.
Key Tasks/Skills required
- You will have an independent perspective to bring to bear which will add significant value to the work of Scottish Investments
- You will have experience of financial management and investment decision- making at a senior level in a large organisation. You will have knowledge of how private sector capital markets function, and good practice in fund management and investment practice
- You will have experience of managing portfolios of major programmes in a large organisation
- You will have experience in at least one of the core areas of future activities of the Bank, including SME finance, Property and Real Estate, Energy, Housing and Transport
- You will demonstrate exceptional qualities and experience gained within your field, an ability to analyse and critique complex concepts quickly, and a strong track-record of using influencing and interpersonal skills to achieve change
- Provide strategic insight, based on your expertise and perspective, providing a constructive and independent challenge to Investment proposals;
- Work closely with core executive staff to steer the development of Investment proposals, and provide constructive challenge on individual projects and on product design;
- Oversee the development of the procedures for outlining and operationalising the "risk appetite" of the Bank, and how this is integrated with decision making on individual products and proposals;
- Act as an Ambassador for the bank in relationship with partner organisations and funders;
- Review Committee papers and proposals in advance of the meetings.
This is an initial 6 month contract on offer with interviews to take place at short notice and a start date ASAP after. For more information please click apply and for more information call Graeme McNaull.