Warehouse Operatives - Alconbury
Up to £11.46 per hour dependant on experience/shifts and licences
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Operative to join our team based at our new purpose-built site in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire
You will be a key figure in assisting and driving MMUKs reputation for providing first class quality products to our customers.
You will support your Section Leaders in delivering an effective and efficient operation against daily and weekly targets and plans. Perform an active role in delivering an effective, efficient picking and despatch operation on a day to day basis. Support all areas of the business where the Supply Chain is crucial to daily practices.
Main roles and responsibilities:-
- Label products with the correct amount on the pallet, and correct consignment; all pallets taken in to and out of the stores are scanned in to the correct location.
- Ensure that pallets moved in and out of the warehouse or elsewhere on site are stacked and strapped in a safe and risk free manner.
- Working as a team to ensure the picking, scanning, labelling, and palletisation of all customers finished goods meet the requirements set out by each customer’s specific guidelines / Supplier handbook.
- Engage with production teams to ensure depot out-loads times and volumes are fulfilled - On Time, In Full.
- Assist with trailer plans, intake and despatch paperwork as and when required.
- Unload and confirm arrival quantities against expected consignment reports and liaise with Quality Control and supply chain teams.
- Manage drivers on site and their paperwork.
- Maintain pallet trucks check every day in accordance with related SOP’s.
- Unloading/loading Lorries with packaging, empty pallets or trays.
- Intake – checking and inputting deliveries with the incoming stock. Checking the quality of incoming stock.
- Continuous replenishment of all packaging areas
- Previous intake or despatch experience is essential
- Previous experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Good all round communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Up to date MHE certificate; Counter Balance, Flexi or PPT is desirable