Biokinetics Research Scientist
Job Title: Biokinetics Research Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 Months
Pay Rate: ??15.12 an hour (circa ??28,000 per annum)
SRG are working with Syngenta, a global leading agrochemical company based in Bracknell. They are currently seeking a Biokinetics Research Scientist to be based at their International Research Centre at Jealott's Hill.
As a Biokinetics Research Scientist you have the opportunity to join a new Biokinetics team which supports the development and marketing of Syngenta's crop protection products. The team supports fungicide, insecticide, and herbicide products from Early Development through to launch preparation and lifecycle management.
The Biokinetics team studies the uptake, movement, and stability of our agrochemical molecules in living systems. You will be a key part of an experienced and innovative laboratory based team, which designs and implements predominantly large plant based studies, and analyses and reports data to guide formulation development and support product marketing, globally.
- Support senior research scientist in preparing scientific data for product development and product marketing.
- Handling plants in studies to better understand the uptake of molecules into plant leaves/roots and their interactions with plants.
- Lab and glasshouse activities such as micro drop or spraying of chemicals to observe plant retention, extraction of leaves to see chemicals present (e.g. by placing in solvents), handling radiochemicals.
- May eventually design and execute own plant-based experiments/studies.
- Degree, preferably masters in Biological Sciences or a relevant scientific subject with a focus on plant physiology or agricultural science.
- Prior experience with analytical techniques such as LC, MS, LC-MS, sub-sampling and sub-centrifuging.
- Knowledge in the physicochemical properties of active ingredients used in crop protection.
- Experience in data handling using Microsoft Excel.
Apply today by submitting your CV online as applicants will be shortlisted by Wednesday 25 th September. For more information on the role and the application process contact Tolu Kuforiji on .