Operational Support Team Leader
Work Hours: 36 Hours per Week
6 Month Fixed Term Contract / Secondment Opportunity
We know that staff are key to our success and we are seeking talented people with ambition, creativity and commitment to our values to help us achieve the best for the people of Hackney.
Our Parking, Markets and Street Trading Service aims to improve the quality of life for our residents through providing professional, effective and high quality services to our residents and customers across the borough, meeting their needs and stimulating economic growth.
Working within the Parking, Markets and Street Trading service you will be responsible for managing the office environment with a team of up to 5 Operational Support Officers ensuring the provision of high quality, confidential and proactive administrative support to teams and senior managers across the Service, therefore extensive people management is essential. You will work closely with, and report to the Deputy Head of Service and the Head of Service.
The job requires excellent attention to detail, a service orientated outlook, an ability to work independently of direct supervision, to plan and prioritise work across a broad range of responsibilities and to solve problems and find creative solutions. This is a key role, where flexibility and adaptability are important in dealing with the likely day to day demands.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Office management - managing and developing the office environment; managing desk-allocations, storage, environment, health and safety, office reception, liaising with ICT/facilities to ensure provision of IT and audio-visual services; purchasing supplies and managing small supplier relationships.
- Core administration support - general finance administration, including raising purchase orders, payment of invoices and expenses, vehicle management, managing core equipment provision and maintenance.
- HR administration: managing internal HR processes, liaising with external agencies, managing the recruitment process, new-starter induction and orientation, HR record keeping and attendance recording.
- Senior management support - managing diaries, dealing with email correspondence and responses on behalf of the Head of Service, the effective preparation and administration of meetings, minute taking and distribution.
- Supporting specific role-related projects and research to improve business processes and systems.
Hackney is one of the UK’s highest performing local authorities, serving one of London’s best places to live and work. We have achieved a huge amount: our services, our schools, our public spaces are all amongst the very best. We have changed the reputation, not just of the Council, but of Hackney itself. Bringing jobs and investment into the borough, securing the legacy from the 2012 Games, and making this a place of which we can all be proud.
If the opportunity of working here excites you, please apply.
When applying for this role, there will be competency based questions within the application form to complete. Please ensure these questions are completed. A supporting statement is not required
Closing date: 03 October 2019
We are also working towards our vision, which is to be a place for everyone; where residents and staff can be proud; a place that celebrates diversity and where everyone can feel valued, included and involved. In order to achieve this, we look for people who are: Proud; Ambitious; Pioneering; Open; Proactive; Inclusive.
Hackney Council works to eradicate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, age and marital status. We also recognise that people can be disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances, so we will also work to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage caused by social class. We also welcome those interested in flexible working. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, as this group is currently under represented in our workforce.