Job Title: Senior Scientist - Immunology
Contract: Initial 6 Months
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Rate: circa ??16.50 p/h
SRG are currently looking for a Senior Scientist to a leading pharmaceutical organisation in Hertfordshire within Immunology. This will support the discovery and development of novel antibodies from concept through to proof-of-concept clinical testing. You will work with teams of scientists with diverse skills including protein biochemists, in vivo and in vitro assay scientists, and molecular biologists and also in close partnership with other parts of the business. The role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with functional experts at all stages of the drug development process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and execute experiments to characterise lead antibodies e.g. binding to cell lines and primary cells using flow cytometry, plate and cell based neutralisation assays, effector function assays (ADCC/CDC), cell signalling assays.
- Mammalian cell culture and handling.
- Data generation, handling and reporting.
- B.Sc or equivalent scientific competency in Immunology, Cell Biology, or a related life sciences discipline.
- Proven track record of success with at least 3 years of experience in academic or industrial science.
- Experience in working with primary human cells including immune cells.
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry of primary human cells.
- Experience with cell-based functional assays e.g. cellular signalling assays and immunoassay platforms
For more information, call Nathan McCarron on , or apply online now.