Motorcycle Stock Preparation Assistant
Do you have excellent customer service skills and great attention to detail?
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, and want to work for a leading BMW retailer with fantastic benefits, then this is the role for you.
In order to achieve our goals, we simply need to find a team of highly capable and engaged people. Above all, it's a 'can do', helpful, confident and compassionate attitude which we seek most, with a good sense of fun. After that, providing the job specific skills training for each role becomes the easy part.
If your attitude and outlook on life sounds like it fits with ours, then we're keen to find out some more about you.
Based at the company's soon to be newly refurbished modern dealership with brand new facilities, our Motorrad department will house a state of the art showroom and workshop where our Motorcycle Technicians and Sales Executives are at the heart of a fast paced and busy environment.
This is a key support role in ensuring that our new and used Motorcycles are prepared to the highest standards ready to be presented to our customers.
As a Motorcycle Stock Preparation Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that:
- The very high standards of preparation essential to all of our Motorcycles are maintained at all times.
- The security of all Motorcycle's passing through the preparation department is maintained at all times i.e. bikes are locked, all keys are tagged and locked away in the key cupboard.
- All vehicles are prepared in a timely manner to meet required deadlines for delivery, demonstrations, etc. and manoeuvred to their required location
- All demonstrator models are kept in a condition acceptable for demonstrations.
- The standard of preparation of the vehicle display is maintained at all times.
- The standard of preparation of showroom display vehicles is maintained at all times.
- The vehicle preparation area is kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times, and equipment as supplied is maintained at a specific and recommended time schedules.
- Any damage (e.g. scratches, dents etc., caused to the vehicles, or noted on vehicles, is reported to a Sales Manager immediately.
- You complete a full inspection of new vehicles delivered, completing required checklists, tag keys and informing sales administration of all arrivals and any subsequent damage as reported and documented.
- You conduct yourself in a manner appropriate to promote the professional image of the Dealership at all times, whether on or off the premises.
- The highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained and report any customer complaints.
- You adhere to all company security procedures.
- All QMA quality processes and standards are maintained.
Keywords: Motorcycle | Motorbike | Bikes | Parts | Customer Service | Automotive | Vehicle | Automotive | Vehicle Damage | Showroom | Valeter | Prep
- A polite and helpful manner.
- Good attention to detail and effective time management.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- A polite and helpful manner and a willingness to deal with internal and external customer needs effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Full valid UK driving licence to drive the company van.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Previous experience in a similar role is not essential as full training will be provided.
William Morgan Group is an authorised BMW retailer, which provides the complete range of New and Approved Used BMW and MINI vehicles as well as operating the BMW motorcycle franchise. We also provide servicing,parts and accessory requirements.