Contract Electrical Design Engineer, Southampton
We are seeking to recruit a Electrical Design Engineer for approximately 6-9months, to join our client in Southampton, working as part of the International Division on electrical design. You will join the power team responsible for the design management of Power generation, water, boiler and plant rooms.
- Carrying out design in accordance with M&E Design QA Procedures
- Responsible for the detailed design in accordance with the TEL Procedures
- Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
- Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
- Site surveys of existing assets when required
- Optioneering and feasibility studies
- Production of procurement specifications for electrical equipment and production of detailed design construction drawings
- Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams
- Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment and package plant, motor control centres, power distribution panels and field equipment panels
- An appropriate electrical qualification is required
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional institution is an advantage but not essential
- A background of system automation, Power generation, plant rooms, BMS and PMS systems
If you are interested in this role then please send me your latest CV.
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.