Oakleaf are currently recruiting for motivated and committed RMN/RNLD/RGN staff to work at our Acute Mental Health Hospital in Mundesley.
Following on from our successful first year Southern Hill Hospital are now expanding the site and as such are looking for like minded professionals that share our passion and values for delivering quality care. This is a great opportunity to join our service and be part of something exciting. Candidates must have a valid PIN RMN/RNLD/RGN. We are a friendly, growing company that puts its staff at the very heart of our business.
For an informal discussion in the first instance please give me a call.
Main function of the role:
Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or long term service users.
Main duties of the role:
1. Behave in a professional and discreet manner at all times and in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code.
2. Maintain confidentiality of documents, knowledge of residents and information obtained as pa of the role.
3. Be competent and confident in managing people with long term health conditions.
4. Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate interventions/treatments for service users with complex needs.
5. Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for service users (as appropriate).
6. Order supplies, maintain stock, ensure hygiene and cleanliness of equipment and environmen and safeguard medication.
7. Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist service users in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
8. Recognise and work within own competence level
9. Produce accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of service user interaction and consultation, consistent with legislation, policies and procedures.
10. Support, manage and guide support workers on a daily basis.
11. Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
12. Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
13. Continual personal development to develop oneself and the role.
14. In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service or line manager.
UK registered nurse with significant post registration experience
Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care
Ability to direct and co-ordinate programmes of care working autonomously and collaboratively
Effective organisational skills
Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcomes
The ability to work in a changing, demanding and stressful situation
Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
IT systems skills Friendly and approachable
Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, innovative and flexible Self-motivated, positive and committed
Have the ability to work on own initiative, acknowledging limitations and recognising when referral is needed.
Maintain accurate, comprehensive records of all consultations and treatment
Be flexible in order to cover annual leave and sickness of team members
About the Hospital
Southern Hill Hospital has 25 mental health beds across two wards, as well as a 5 bed Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Southern Hill Hospital is able to offer a 24 hour acute admission within a safe and secure environment.
Southern Hill Hospital provides assessment, care and treatment to people who are experiencing their first episode of mental health symptoms, and to those experiencing long term and enduring mental illness, supporting them in their journey to recovery.
Southern Hill Hospital is a beautiful renovated Victorian building with extensive woodland gardens and grounds providing privacy and tranquillity, within 18 acres of outstanding natural beauty close to the North Norfolk coast.