Banking Case Worker
Job title: Associate - Investment, Intermediaries & Scams Department
Duration: 6 Month contract
Hourly Rate: Negotiable
A leading Financial Service company are recruiting for 10+ Associates to join their departments in Edinburgh.
We have a number of opportunities available and in particular, we are looking for individuals who have experience of dealing with crystallised risk events/casework. Working alongside your colleagues you will work closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, both UK and international based.
You will also play an important role in helping to shape, implement and deliver the wider departmental strategy.
This role is ideally placed in Edinburgh, although the role can be worked from London also
Key responsibilities may include:
- Assist with making good regulatory decisions that further the company's objectives;
- Effectively monitoring firms in the sector, including reviewing and assessing individuals working in and impacting these sectors;
- Exploring, analysing and mitigating identified risks within firms in our sectors through firm specific work;
- Assist with ensuring firms behave appropriately when detriment arises;
- To ensure that client assets are protected, we have a proportionate and risk based approach to firms we prudentially supervise and making sure the industry properly manages its financial crime and technology risks;
- We use a range of supervisory tools to ensure firms have the interests of their customers (whether wholesale or retail) and the integrity of the market at the heart of how they run their business.
These roles have the opportunity to provide a positive impact on millions of consumers in a key sector of the UK financial services industry. We are looking for people who are passionate about protecting consumers' interests and driving improvements in how firms conduct their business.
You will obtain a unique insight into the workings of the sector and work with a variety of internal stakeholders, including senior management.
- Experience of analysing complex information from various sources.
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- Financial Services experience.
- Ability to make sound judgements and influence senior stakeholders through careful analysis and well-reasoned recommendations.
- Teamwork and collaboration: ability to work effectively with others as part of a team in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral: ability to communicate key messages and explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Organisational ability: ability to work under pressure, manage a variety of competing workstreams and issues and prioritise accordingly.
- Internal and external stakeholder management skills: ability to build effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders and firms' senior management in order to support the delivery of supervisory objectives.
- Sector or specialist experience - working experience of ONE of the following:
- Retail Investments Sector (eg financial adviser, wealth management and/or stockbroking)
- Specialist teams: Financial crime (Anti Money Laundering), client asset firms (eg custody banks, clearing brokers, investment firm), prudential.
- Experience of dealing with crystallised risk events/casework is desirable