Global Mobility Specialist
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
Human Resources International (HRI) is the team responsible for supporting the Bank's globally mobile employees in terms of the actual relocation as well as tax, immigration and benefits considerations. The team is also responsible for ensuring that DB as an employer meets all the tax, immigration and employment law requirements that go hand in hand with international relocations and assignments.
HRI is part of the Deutsche Bank's Talent Sourcing function, which is in turn part of the HR Capability function. The HRI team comprises two sub teams - one focusing on compliance for business travellers and the other focusing on international assignments, this role will be part of the team focusing on international assignments.
- Providing high quality consulting services and advice to internal clients on assignment costings, compensation packages and tax treatment of deferred compensation vesting during an assignment, assignment policies, practices and relocation matters
- Partnering with HR Generalists to determine the appropriate assignment package - preparing cost estimates, managing the approval process, including any exceptions, partnering with HRI's external service providers for the case
- Working with other GMS counterparts and HRI Transaction Management team colleagues in order to implement the relocation
- Explaining to relocating employees their assignment package - relocation, ongoing expat benefits and the implementation
- Counselling the relocating employees on the commuter tax withholding requirements and processes
- Ensuring that the HRI aspects of offboarding and onboarding are implemented eg payroll transfer and GPM transfer.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Significant experience in global expatriate assignment management
- Knowledge of HRI tasks and concepts, especially the range of 'typical' expatriate benefits
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of tax and social security laws relating to international relocations
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of UK immigration regulations relating to international relocations.
- Knowledge of full range of Reward product areas (Compensation, Benefits & Employee Mobility)
- Good working knowledge of employment law as pertains to relocating employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products - Excel, PowerPoint & Word, ideally Visio
- Wider knowledge of related Reward product areas ie Compensation, inc deferred compensation and Benefits.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please visit the website to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.