Animal Technician/ In-vivo / Home office Licence / biotech / Animal Research
Your new company:
A global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation to create transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. We are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to work part-time to ensure high standards of care and welfare to laboratory animals to support scientific research.
Your New Job:
The successful candidate will perform husbandry duties to support the daily care, welfare, and environmental enrichment of laboratory animals. This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week, 8 hours on Monday and Friday and 2 hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- Assist in all matters relating to animal husbandry, maintaining the animals and facilities to the standards required by the Home Office
- Carry out daily welfare checks
- Provide adequate supplies of food, water, bedding, and consumables for animals as required
- Ensure cages and enclosures are cleaned in accordance with the work instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Maintain detailed, accurate records regarding health, welfare, and environmental checks
- Adhere to Home Office guidelines and the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
What you need:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English and Science
- A background within animal technology
- Home Office Licence modules 1-3 is ideal, module 4 is advantageous
- Ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks
- Flexible approach to work and supporting additional hours where required
What you'll get in return
- An opportunity to work with a global biotech
- Oxfordshire Area
- Long Term Contract
- ??11 - ??13/hr (Depending on experience)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.