Computational Biologist Location: Stevenage Length: 12 months Salary: Competitive
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for an experienced Computational Biologist to support Drug Discovery and Development through the integrative analysis of internal and external data.
- To identify, develop, implement and use computational biology methods to impact drug discovery and development.
- To communicate complex informatics principles, methods, analyses and results to scientists from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong background in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science and/or genomics, combined with knowledge of biology.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment
- Recent PhD/Masters in Computational biology, bioinformatics, computational sciences or biomedical/biological sciences.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Expertise in a programming language (such as R, Python or Perl) for complex data analysis.
- Knowledge of genome-wide genetic, genomic, pathway and network methods.
- Skills to collect, integrate, mine and analyze complex biological data and translate them into testable hypotheses.
- Knowledge of and experience with common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery and development process.
- Demonstrated experience in processing multiple large scale genomic and genetic platforms, such as transcriptomic, proteomic or Next Generation sequencing data, including understanding of pathway/network analyses.
- Statistical analysis skills
- Publication record in peer reviewed journals
To apply for this position, please apply online. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Umul on