An opportunity has arisen for a Domestic Worker within a charity based in Portsmouth. The Roberts Centre enjoys a reputation for its work with families and children and has achieved national recognition for its high quality services in the areas of Homelessness, Parenting and Childcare.
20 hours per week
(Monday to Friday, between 9.00 am and 1.00 pm)
Based in Portsmouth
£8,948 per annum pro rata (£16,555 full time equivalent)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and resilient Domestic Worker who is excellent at time management, prioritising and responding to tight deadlines and who will play a critical part in ensuring the properties in the Temporary Accommodation Service are cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
The successful applicant will:
- clean and prepare Temporary Accommodation properties for families ready for move-ins
- Carry out laundry duties to ensure clean stock is always available.
- Be responsible for the organising and replenishment of stock.
You will have:
- Previous experience within a professional cleaning role
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and be hard working
- A flexible approach to work
- A full, clean driving licence and use of own car
Lifting and shifting of cleaning equipment and stock will be required.
Successful applicants will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by The Roberts Centre.
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Application packs are available by telephoning:
Lin Kitchener, HR Manager on
02392 296919 or emailing email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd September 2020
This post may close earlier in the event of suitable applications before the closing date.