Multi Skilled LGV / Mobile Plant Fitter / Welder Fabricator
Due to the retirement of our long serving fitter/ welder we have a vacancy for the following
Multi Skilled LGV/ Mobile Plant Fitter / Welder Fabricator
Full Time Monday to Friday 07:00 -17:00 Saturday’s 07:00 -12:00
Paul Riches Skips Ltd is a small family run business established for over 35 years providing skip hire and recycling services in the Bedford area.
An experienced LGV / Plant fitter fabricator welder to carry-out the following duties
- To maintain and repair and MOT preparation of our fleet of LGV skip vehicles to the standards
- Expected by VOSA and the Traffic Commissioner.
- Carry out maintenance of both our mobile and static plant.
- Welding and fabrication repairs to skips.
- Emergency breakdowns
- Electrical and mechanical fault finding and repairs.
- Tyre fitting and puncture repairs.
- Carry out planned and preventive maintenance.
- Hydraulic repairs and breakdowns
The Candidate should have the following skills:
- Have a good understanding of the standards for maintaining a high OCRS score.
- A good knowledge of the VOSA LGV testers manual and the VOSA guide to maintaining road worthiness.
- The ability to diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical problems.
- Experience across a wide range of LGV vehicles and plant.
- Have good welding and fabrication skills and be confident in your workmanship.
- Be a problem solver able to think on your feet.
- Have confidence in your abilities and come up with ideas and solutions of your own.
- Driving licence and LGV category C licence.
To apply for this or to find out more about this exciting opportunity please forward the following criteria to: email@example.com
Full Name, Location, CV Application,
Salary expectation, Availability
For the right candidate we offer a competitive hourly rate.