Enterprise Coordinator – Ref: ES/ES29h
Grade I £27,549 (2020 award pending)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent Full Time 37 Hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 20 October 2020
An exciting opportunity has risen to work directly with senior business leaders to influence and develop employer commitment in education leading to better career outcomes for young people in Leeds City Region.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority is seeking to strengthen its existing Enterprise in Education Team through appointment of an Enterprise Co-ordinator to pro-actively engage businesses and schools in the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Enterprise Adviser Programme.
This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with a wide range of businesses across Leeds City Region and influence senior business leaders to engage with education. The role is a key part of the Careers and Enterprise Company’s flagship Enterprise Adviser programme in Leeds City Region.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is prepared to work flexibly and as part of a growing team in a high-profile and demanding environment - often working to tight deadlines. You will have a proven track record of business engagement within a skills or wider environment and will be someone who can contribute to making a difference to young people’s employability in Leeds City Region.
- Pro-active and confident in engaging businesses and communicating new initiatives and opportunities
- Creative thinker, able to develop strategic partnerships with businesses and schools
- Proven experience of building professional relationships, excellent networking and liaison skills
- Ability to manage and influence key stakeholders
- Track record of delivering project outcomes and improving performance
- We offer an excellent benefits package including access to a generous employer-contribution, local government pension scheme and fully funded travel throughout West Yorkshire by bus and rail with the MCard. We also offer an encouraging environment that will allow you to achieve your best work/life balance and career goals.
- The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds building an inclusive culture, we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working patterns and job share arrangements.
For more information about the work of West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Please note: Whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, each role has career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases on an annual basis.
To submit your application form online please click the Apply button now by 23:59 on Tuesday 20 October 2020.
Please provide a CV and covering letter
(no more than 2 sides of A4)
Interviews will be held virtually on Wednesday 4 November
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Helen Illman (Mon, Weds, Thurs) on 07929 788257 or James Ghafoor 07980 756050
For more information about the work of the Careers and Enterprise Company please visit www.careersandenterprise.co.uk
More information about the Enterprise Adviser Network in Leeds City Region can be found at
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
Candidate information will be retained by West Yorkshire Combined Authority for 6 months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.