Principal Engineer (PoC/Start up acceleration)
Principal Software Engineer
Do you want to join a fast-growing technology company who build cutting-edge solutions for the FinTech and online gaming industries?
We are creating an exciting LABS function to support the incubation of start-up ideas, and re-invention of existing software products.
You'll be at the forefront of these initiatives, helping to architect, build and deliver the best solution.
You will be the one of the first to join LABS. This is a great opportunity to work with cutting-edge products and technologies.
- Work with innovative start-ups to deliver the best market product.
- Choose the most appropriate technology for the solution.
- Architect, design and develop high quality, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Ensure all Engineering principles are implemented in the building of the product.
- Build, own and run the applications.
- Promote engineering excellence in coding structure and methods (TDD, BDD), quality engineering, pair programming.
- Mentor team members in best practice, new tech and ways of working.
- You will also work collaboratively with the Product team to define achievable milestones.
What you'll bring
- Strong experience in Server Side programming language such as Java.
- Good experience across Front End programming languages and frameworks.
- Good experience of API development.
- Experience of algorithmic programming.
- Experience of NoSQL databases.
- Ability to build and deploy with a cloud-first approach.
- Experience of CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise (!) to work outside of area of expertise!
- Passionate in building cutting-edge, high quality applications.
- Quick learner, creative thinker, research mind-set, delivery focused.
- Ability to context switch and be adaptable to change.
- Comfortable with a "you build it, you run it" culture.
What's in it for you:
- Private medical insurance
- Pension plan
- Fun social events - from our weekly Thirsty Thursday drinks trolley to our big seasonal parties.
- Learning and training opportunities to keep skills sharp
- Season ticket loan
- Fresh fruit
- Ping pong, darts and pool
- Regular Hackathons and Designathons
- Six weeks' paid leave for every four years of service
and loads more
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. . Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request.