Embedded C++ Developer - STB - Remote - ??550-575 per day
Embedded C++ Developer - STB
??550-575 per day
My clients telco, media & entertainment division is looking for a senior C++ consultant who can champion STB.
- The desired candidate is required to promote and offer E2E STB systems integration practices.
- Lead and coordinate E2E STB systems integration engagements and liege with partners and stakeholders to obtain the desired goals.
- Understand operator business priorities, CPE requirements, technology landscape, existing CPE ecosystems
- Propose high-level recommendations for technology, OEM, SoC, MW, CA/DRM for a complete CPE solution that addressed the business priorities
- Align road maps with operator product & technology teams and external vendors and stakeholders.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external teams, lead architects, and senior management.
Technical Skills & Experience
- A subject matter expert in STB MW platforms and related solutions that includes SW layer, HAL, CA/DRM, SoC, OEM Drivers and bootloader implementations.
- Design experience in Real Time Embedded systems (STB preferable)
- Strong working knowledge of any of the STB MW solutions like RDK, AOSP, ATV Operator tier, MHP and/or any other proprietary MW solutions
- Specific experience of OS frameworks and runtimes for protected content (CA/DRM), HDCP.
- Working experience in Linux
- Strong programming knowledge in C, C++
- Experience with the OS kernels. OS schedulers, customizing Linux OS, Linux Programming, API interfaces, Quality of service (QoS), or dynamic system partitioning techniques is helpful.
- A solid understanding of SoC architectures used in DTV/STB and/or rich Wearables.
- Experience in browser, application framework, native application integration (not limited Netflix, Amazon prime, Disney+, Youtube etc.)
- Strong knowledge of protocols like SNMP, TR-69, DLNA, TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP
- Working knowledge of any of these standards DVB, MPEG2 Tables, ATSC, MHP, OCAP etc.
- Knowledge of Digital TV and Video Delivery technologies including: video encoding/transcoding, CAS, DRM, video back-ends, workflows, CMS, security services, search, recommendations, CDN, ad insertion, broadband data, home networking, TV, VoD, and nPVR is desirable.
- Good understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and its relation to agile methodologies and incremental development.
- Experience in writing technical documentation for systems design/architecture specifications, including the use of UML, block diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Broad knowledge of mobile operating system fundamentals, frameworks, and runtimes. Deep knowledge of DTV OS (eg Tizen, WebOS, AndroidTV, or Harmony OS) internals is helpful.
- Prior experience on RDK-V, RDK-B, AOSP or Android TV based system integration projects are desirable.
Soft skills & Ability
- Should possess good communication skills to be able to communicate/validate the architecture/design to all stakeholders.
- Should have demonstrated the ability to train/mentor/guide the team on implementation aspects.
- Possess appetite and aptitude for owning the responsibility of technical decisions and direction for project/module.
- Strong English written, verbal and presentation & communication skills.
- Creative thinking (out of the box), and comfortable modelling complex systems, with high availability and performance requirements in mind.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, to maintain and develop effective working relationships with other peers.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and attention for detail.
- Takes responsibility, is a self-motivator & feels accountable for own actions, but also a team player.
- An analytical, mathematical/numerate mind able to present business cases with clarity and understanding the consumer demand
- Ability to describe and explain complex models, concepts & themes to stakeholders in a simple and accessible manner.
Please send across an updated CV if this position is of interest
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.