Senior Data Engineer - REMOTE
Senior Data Engineer - REMOTE
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer to join a well-known household brand as part of their expanding Technology Team.
We are seeking a data pipeline builder who enjoys expanding & optimising data systems and building them from the ground up. You will be supporting the needs of cross-functional teams, working with a range of systems and products to develop data architectures using both traditional SQL and big-data data platforms.
This opportunity will be remote with an infrequent element of on-site working.
In the role of Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for activities including:
- Building and maintaining streaming and batch data flows.
- Transforming raw data into a format that can be easily analysed.
- Building analytics tools that use the data pipeline to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Developing and maintaining infrastructures for data storage.
- Providing data insights and analysis where required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production environments.
- Liaise with team members to clarify requirements and contribute to product & feature design and direction.
- Keep data separated and secure through multiple data centres & cloud regions in line with data security & retention policies.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing datasets with new information to enable better insight.
- Contribute to improvements in development approach and toolset for data technologies.
- Support architects & designers exploring latest new relevant technology, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies and processes.
- Ensure that all work follows approved methods and standards and conforms to agreed quality, is maintained under version control & configuration management and has appropriate technical documentation.
The ideal candidatewill have some of the following:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimising 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with noSQL databases
- History of commercial data engineering experience, including manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Ability to work from design specifications and follow best practice
- Experience with python and/or Java
- Experience with Scrum or Kanban methodologies, working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Managing & manipulating data in MongoDB, Percona, or other big-data tools/databases.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructures such as Google Cloud Platform
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Salary: ??55,000 - ??65,000 DoE
- Pension: Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
- Holiday: 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
- Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental, and the ability to buy/sell holiday
To be considered for this opportunity, please contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.