6 month contract, DevOps engineer, ??700 a day, Brighton, remote working
Your new company
The Pensions Regulator are a leading employer in Brighton. The contract pays ??700 a day, inside IR35 and lasts 6 months.
Your new role
To develop, automate, standardise and streamline technical build and release processes in use across a wide application and infrastructure estate.
- Maintain, guide and develop continuous integration and deployment practices in the organisation by creating pipelines, automating build and release processes in Azure DevOps and working to standardise those processes across our application suite
- Aid in the technical design and delivery of new systems with regard to continuous integration, automated testing and delivery
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent experience of using continuous integration tooling, eg Azure DevOps, Terraform, Powershell DSC and YAML to create build and release processes for different types of applications in a predominantly .NET ecosystem
- Strong experience and understanding of using Agile methodologies to plan, develop, test and deliver software. Ability to mentor others in its use. Knowledge and understanding of ITIL processes
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code principles and practices, eg use of ARM and Terraform, automated configuration, and Web Deploy packages
- Experience investigating and diagnosing problems with large-scale IT systems
- Good knowledge of automated testing tooling such as Selenium, particularly in their use in continuous integration
- Knowledge of full software life cycle development ideally gained through practical experience
- Knowledge of PowerShell, C#, .NET framework and SQL
- Good understanding of MS Azure technologies including experience designing continuous delivery for Azure App Services, API Management and Application Gateway
- Familiarity with orchestration systems and containerisation, eg Kubernetes, Docker
- Engages with business users to gather information regarding systems defects and requirements for change
- Communicates with wider team to solve and diagnose problems, to design technical solutions and discuss technology choices
- Collaborates in a multi-skilled agile team to estimate, plan, deliver and test prioritised features
- Mentors and guides fellow engineers in technical skills and the application of DevOps practices and development methodologies
What you'll get in return
You'll get a 6 month contract, ??700 a day and the chance to work with the some very up to date technologies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.