Data Scientist/AI Engineer
Data Scientist/Artificial Intelligence Engineer
What you will be working on
Do you want to help utilities companies identify pipeline defects before they burst using image analytics? Do you want to help retailers and consumer brands predict the next trends using Natural Language processing on social and search data? Do you want to help the government to try and predict and mitigate the impact of Covid19? Do you want to help aeronautical manufacturers to monitor performance of engines remotely?
What ever your sector or AI application of interest we at Capgemini Insights & Data UK (I&D) are currently working across dozens of clients on some of the most interesting and life transforming AI & Analytics projects. Helping our clients move further than just testing their ideas and concepts and looking to fully exploit their data using the power of AI & Analytics to deliver real business value at scale across the organisation. We don't really have a typical day or a typical project which means we are kept on our toes and constantly learning. We work on small advisory or proof of value engagements all the way up to very large industrialised solutions across an array of public and private sector clients.
The focus of your role
If we believed all the stories about AI, then we'd be looking for budding magicians, wizards and sorcerers; but we don't. So, whilst the reality is still, quite frankly, fascinating, it is achieved through a lot of 'smarts', rather than magic fairy dust. We want passionate, energetic people who live and breathe all things AI, whether that be machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and so on, combined with great software engineering skills no point creating great models if we can't deploy them! We want you to be thinking "how can I use what I know?", "what do I need to learn?", "how can I build the best relationships with my clients" in order to help achieve their business goals.
What you'll bring
We are looking to bring in people at all levels. The ideal candidate would have the skills necessary to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment but would also want to further both their technical skills and non-technical skills.
- We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a passion for data science.
- We want people who have a track record of delivering value for their clients/customers.
- Experience using Python or R
- Knowledge of SQL for accessing and processing data
- Capabilities in a range of AI techniques (eg supervised and un-supervised machine learning techniques, deep learning, graph data analytics, statistical analysis, time series, geospatial, NLP, sentiment analysis, pattern detection, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for both presenting work to clients and disseminating complex information in an easy to understand form on a day to day basis
Things that would really impress us:
- Data Science Platforms - Experience using the latest Data Science platforms (eg Databricks, Dataiku, AzureML, SageMaker) and frameworks (eg Tensorflow, MXNet, scikit-learn)
- Software engineering - Good Software engineering practices (unit testing, version control, code review)
- Data engineering - Understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
- Visualisations - Delivering insights using visualisation tools or libraries (Javascrip, Python, Tableau)
- Cloud platforms - Experience building and deploying solutions to Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) including Cloud provisioning tools (eg Terraform)
- Consulting skills - Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
- AI Ethics - Have experience in tools and techniques to ensure the AI model output is fair and stands up to ethical standards
- Industry experience - Have extensive experience applying data science to particular industries: healthcare, manufacturing, autonomous vehicles, etc
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so too is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
We are continually recognised as one of the 50 best places to work in the UK by both the Time and by Glass Door.