Guidewire - Principle Lead Developer
Guidewire Principle Developer Lead | InsureTech | City of London | South East England | Flexible Work
Your new company
Who requires a Guidewire - Principle Lead Developer, is one of the largest Motor Insurers in The World and they aim to break into the top 5 insurers. Your new company views Guidewire and wholescale digital transformation as being central to that. They have offices around The UK and also support remote/flexible working.
Your new role
As a Principle Lead Developer in Guidewire you will report into and work with the Head of Guidewire Technologies managing several Guidewire developers and technicians. You will provide technical leadership, working with developers, solution architects and partnering with projects and change to enforce the vision of the application technical architecture and integrity of the application environment in conjunction with Solution Architects and other tech leads. You will also contribute to the development within a Scrum test, and take ownership of code reviews and contribution to standards for development practices. You will also drive the adoption of testing frameworks.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in Guidewire InsuranceSuite would be preferred
- Practical experience working as Lead Developer supporting & developing enterprise level software
- 12+ years of experience developing web based Java/J2EE applications
- People management expertise
- Experience in technical software development team oversight
- Experience with industry standard code management/source control and tracking tools
- Experience with web service hosting and consuming, using the Guidewire EDGE Layer is preferred.
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with database access tools like TOAD or SQL Developer.
- Knowledge of best practise when designing/developing Rest API or Json RPC implementations is preferred.
- Experience with JBOSS, Weblogic, WebSphere or similar Application Server.
- Experience with XML technologies (XSD, Xpath, Xquery, XSL, and XSLT).
- Experience executing in agile life cycle.
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to work with a company who have recently received over 1BN GBP in investment and are heavily investing into their digital transformation & technologies. Most work will be from home with the occasional need to visit the London or South East office. You will report into the Head of Guidewire and CIO with a clear path of career progression. Salaries are negotiable between 80k to 120k
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.