Product Manager - Software
Product Manager - Software
We are looking for a Software Product Manager to work for this young but extremely dynamic, entrepreneurial software company based in Bracknell.
Our client has an existing customer base of large, blue chip IT companies but they are keen to rapidly grow the capabilities of their services to take advantage of the market opportunity.
Key to their growth plans is to have a aggressive and structured product development strategy and as a result we have created this new Software Product Manager within the business.
This position will be responsible for the development, revenues and support of the software product and associated services so that it creates value for their clients and profitability for the company.
The Software Product Manager is a hybrid role that has elements of responsibility from product owner, product marketing, technical product manager and strategic product manager.
You will also be required to focus on the project deliveries of engineering processes, design, documentation, planning, execution, operations and feedback.
This role will look after all aspects of managing the product from both a market and technology perspective, including:
- Responsibility for achieving revenue and gross profit budgets
- Development of the product strategy based on market requirements
- Responsibility for product ownership from inception to end of life
- Ownership of the development budget
- Market research to support strategy
- Design of new functionality including new modules, enhancements and maintenance
- Management of the relationship with our outsourced development partner and fostering team work delivering effective product development outcomes
- Participate in the current project of evaluation how to and with whom do we build the product
- Responsible for recommending the technology we use
- Becoming an expert in the product, the environment in which it operates, the business challenges it addresses and the outcomes it delivers
- Measuring the products' contribution on sales and profits
- All aspects of product launch including pricing and working with the marketing team to create collateral and ensure our web is up to date.
- Client communication in conjunction with the Marketing team
- Perform competitive analysis
- Promote the product in industry forums, publications including the development of blogs
Overall the role will be measured on income and profit generated. Specifically the measurable's will include:
- Profitability and Gross Margin
- Revenue growth
- Client retention
- Stability and competitiveness of the product
- Effective communication - internally and externally
Skills and competencies required for the role
- A proven track record as a successful Software Product Manager delivering increased profitability
- Knowledge of vendor programs and how they work
- Strong technical understanding with experience of Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with an offshore software development organisation
- Knowledge of software licencing
- Project Management
- Analytical and project management skills
- Creative, determined and committed.
Think IT Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy under UK Government regulations CEAEBR 2003