Application Engineer - Inside IR35
Application Engineer - Inside IR35
REMOTE - Work From Home
DWP - Newcastle Hub
7 Month Contract
Are you an application Engineer? If so check out our new contract opportunity below with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
As an Application Engineer, you will deal with the day to day management and development of Application products and contribute towards their design.
You will be responsible for the operational stability of the Application solutions, and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness and resilience of those products.
You will collaborate with seniors and own Application Development Lifecycle Process as part of a delivery team focused on one or more products.
As an Application Engineer, you will:
- Build a robust automated test suite to support continuous integration;
- Implement best-practices to code securely and defensively;
- Deliver quality software which is easy to maintain and clean to operate;
- Provide technical support on a specific application;
- Use software to improve business performance;
- Troubleshoot issues related to the application;
- Identify and resolve technical issues related to the application;
- Assist with systems integrations;
- Manage ticket system and ticket database;
- Maintain and update technical documents and processes;
- Prepare maintenance plans and upgrading schedules for the system;
- Develop reports for teams across the business;
- Facilitate communication of technical findings, models, and insights to different technical and non-technical audiences;
- 5+ years of experience developing solutions
- 5+ years of software development experience with Java and JSP/Servlet technologies.
- Strong grasp of Object Oriented Design and implementation
- Good working knowledge of OpenText Exstream software platform
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Significant and demonstrable experience implementing enterprise solutions
- Significant experience of one or more development languages from the following list:
- javaSE 1.8 or better;
- WebService technology (SOAP/REST);
- Experience of one or more Middleware components/frameworks from the following list:
- JEE 6 or better;
- WebService technology (SOAP/REST)
- Spring framework;
- Front End Development framework (React/Angular/VueJS);
- Experience of one or more of the following database technologies:
- Elastic Search;
- Experience developing for AWS cloud environments, specifically:
- Significant experience of source control and build tools such as:
- GitLab & GitLab CI;
- Significant experience working with Behaviour/Test Driven Development methodology and it's supporting tools such as :
- Experience with Linux, Specifically Red Hat/Centos.
- Experience of working within an Agile Software development framework using SCRUM or Kanban
It would also be great if you had:
- Demonstrable experience working with Software Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack.
- Experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other Software Engineers.
- Experience developing software within a Micro-Service architecture.
- Experience with an ECM or ECRM platform such as FileNet P8/OpenText/Alfresco/Documentum.
If this sounds like you and you would be interested in the role, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our PSR team now.
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different