Application Support Manager - Commodities - ??80K + bonus + benefits -
Linux, ITIL, MySQL, Informatica, DevOps
A leading commodities trading institution is looking for an Applications Support Manager to join their Post Trade team and lead their future development and transformation.
This is a new position within the organisation, brought in to drive improvement and quality as they motivate and reignite the team. The successful candidate will have a background in managing teams and leading an applications support department within the financial, exchange or clearing industries.
You will manage all critical business application activities, promoting best practices, as well as planning for future success - continually looking for opportunities for operational productivity and improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning, coordinating and supervising application deployment, release and configuration management, application monitoring and first-line production support.
- Managing and leading application support staff
- Enhancing your team's involvement in the SDLC
- Continually seeking technical solutions to improve performance.
- Researching and developing standards.
- Ensuring major incident response processes are maintained and managing the 24x7 support for all critical business applications.
- Liaising with third party suppliers and internal development teams.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Experience managing teams within an application support department
- A background in the financial sector, with strong experience supporting financial applications.
- Demonstratable experience of team transformation.
- Strong understanding of DevOps
- Service orientated problem solver
- Strong Linux support background
- Experience of MySQL, Informatica, Oracle
If you are a self-starter who can motivate and reignite a team, have strong communication skills and the ability to determine the approximate impact of issues quickly, then apply today to avoid missing out.
To be considered, please ensure you complete your application on the Computappoint website.
Services offered by Computappoint Limited are those of an Employment Business and/or Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.