MICROSOFT PLATFORM ENGINEER - EXETER - 6 MONTH CONTRACT
A leading public sector client based in Exeter, are currently looking for a Microsoft Platform Engineer for an initial 6 month contract paying up to ??463 per day via Umbrella.
The successful candidate will ideally already hold SC clearance or are willing to undertake.
- Build platforms required for new projects and ensure they meet stated requirements and are fit for introduction into operational use as part of a properly engineered information system.
- Support operational platforms by managing the process and undertaking the practice of investigating, identifying root causes and resolving reported problems so that the platforms continue to meet customer requirements throughout their operational lifetime.
- Design procedures for automating the support of Windows systems and help document process improvements.
- Support designated Cyber Security activities within the team as required
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Experience of managing Windows systems and a willingness to develop these skills further to manage IT systems in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in IT and an ability to solve abstract IT problems and provide efficient and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Show evidence of an organised and structured approach to work.
- A proven ability to communicate easily, enthusiastically and professionally with a range of customers.
- Good team-working skills and when appropriate, the ability to work to your own initiative.
- An ability to work to demanding timescales.
- Up to date Security Clearance would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of any of the following: RHN, Puppet, Python, Shell Scripting, networking, configuration management
- Knowledge of any of the following: Active Directory, SCCM, Citrix XenApp, MS SQL Server, MS Systems Centre Suite, IIS
- Have knowledge of information systems related standards such as ITIL.
- Automation of support services
If you have the experience to carry out this role, then please do apply using your most up to date profile. Please do send your CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back with 48 hours, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.