Microsoft Azure Data & Power Platform Consultant
Microsoft Azure Data and Power Platform consultant
Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Who you'll be working with
The Microsoft team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. We have skills in and customers who demand leading skills across a variety of BI and Data management technologies. We have a particular focus on Microsoft and Tableau.
We continue to grow and need to add to our talented Microsoft team. If you are keen to join a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about increasing the value of the data and analytics in organisations you have come to the right place.
The focus of your role
We are looking for strong consultants who are passionate about Microsoft technology and who have skills in Power BI, Power Platform, and Microsoft Azure data warehousing technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Datawarehouse, Azure Synapse, Azure SQL Database, Cosmos DB.
You will get the opportunity to demonstrate a broad range of skills across the Microsoft Azure stack, including building and delivering OLTP and data warehouse workloads across traditional on-premises and cloud platforms. Using your knowledge of the Microsoft data platform, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) paradigms, you will deliver exciting and ground breaking solutions to end-clients.
Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client's data visualisation transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating an innovative BI solution for a complex business problem or even assisting in responding to client bid responses.
What you'll do
- Build and deliver MSBI solutions across on-premises and cloud platforms
- Build relationships with client stakeholders to establish a high-level of MSBI expertise
- Work with clients, local teams and offshore resources to deliver modern BI products
- Work effectively on client sites, Capgemini offices and from home
- Assisting in Proof of Concepts
- Internally, you will help identify improved ways of working, contribute to the I&D practice and mentor juniors and be part of a knowledge management initiative.
What you'll bring
- Broad range of development skills across the Microsoft stack eg SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services, Reporting Services (SSRS) from versions 2005 to 2016.
- Some experience with the Azure stack and Microsoft PaaS offerings - Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse plus orchestration products like Azure Data Factory and Enterprise Service Bus
- Familiarity with other cloud providers eg Amazon, Google
- Visualisation and data exploration tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, r, Python etc.
- Familiarity with modern developer methods and techniques eg Agile, DevOps, continuous integration, automated testing
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
Find out more and apply