3rd Line Support Engineer
3rd Line Support Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire - ??35,400.00 DOE - DV or Willing to Undergo
The Key Responsibilities of a 3rd Line Support Engineer:
Provides varied and complex technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. Advises customers on preventive maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction. The role holder works with limited supervision and has a depth of specialization across a wide range of systems. They support less experienced members of the team and wider function in maintaining the availability of the IT service delivered to end users.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
- Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Service Level. Manages systems within SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Technical implementation of medium to large infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements. Consults in tender stage as a technical expert in complex projects. May give training, presentation or workshops.
- Customer Relations. Maintains working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyses information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Team Working. Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. Stands in for the manager if needed.
- Business Awareness. Proactively contributes both technically and commercially to identify and win new business. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
- Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Below is a list of Key Skills required for the 3rd Line Support Engineer, however you will not be expected to have everything:
- WinTel Core Systems.
- Server 2k3, 2k8, 2k10.
- AD SME.
- GPO SME.
- Win7, XP.
- Technical Lead experience.
Desirable Skills Required:
- Networking tools - Wireshark.
The client would also like to see some of the following key performance indicators:
- Feedback from customers, Project Manager, Tech Lead & Service Lines etc.
- Feedback of participants (internal and external) for technical training sessions delivered.
- Proven track record working with product authority and external vendor support teams.
- Proven track record of problem resolutions.
- Successful solution designs implemented.
- Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
- Successful definition, implementation and conformance to processes.
- Service level requirements met.
- Response and resolution to escalated issues in a timely manner.
- Problem ownership demonstrated.
- Meets project deadlines and costs within own scope of responsibility.
- Successful track record of leading small projects.
- Errors with workarounds or fixes provided in a timely manner.
- Successful track record of working with third parties.
- Improved first time/line.
- Correct application of severity, impact and priority.
- New business secured and successfully implemented.
- Skills Matrix up to date with products/systems/technologies and techniques.
- Contribution to product forums and working parties.
- Up to date personal learning plan available.
The client is very open to candidates from different backgrounds so please do apply for more information.
- Group risk
- Company cars
- Employee discounts scheme
- Recognition programme
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you ??250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active DV or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2020.