IT Security Operations Engineer
As part of our ongoing growth here at Smart, we are looking to hire an additional Security Operations Engineer to help look after our London, Javea, Nashville and near-shore engineering offices.
Covering an organization of approximately 350 people, as part of the Smart IT and Security team, you will be working primarily on security operations, but also on new security projects and act as escalation support for our 1st/2nd line IT support engineers.
- Develop and maintain systems for security monitoring, logging, and auditing (SIEM, EDR, CASB etc.).
- Perform security/vulnerability scans and manage resolution of detected threats.
- Penetration testing of both applications and infrastructure.
- Assessment of software products for security compliance.
- Conduct periodic user access control checks.
- Ensure security patches are applied in a timely manner.
- Security incident response management.
- Assess technical controls and identify areas of improvement.
- Awareness of new and emerging security threats.
- Maintain and improve existing applications & policies.
- Improve and maintain existing network infrastructure, including AWS.
- Technical contact for IT Security projects.
- Evaluation, design, implementation and documentation of IT projects.
- Install and configure IT equipment, software and networks at multiple sites.
- Support, troubleshoot, and repair IT equipment, software and networks.
- Follow all company security procedures.
- Ensure that computer equipment is fit for purpose and that users are set up according to Health and Safety at work laws.
- Provide support to our remote offices, and assistance with setting up new remote offices.
As a team
Smart Pension is dynamic, exciting and diverse. Pension companies in the past have been slow to adapt to new technology and methods, but with Smart Pension we're changing the world of Pensions and to keep up with it, we look for people who are happy to operate in an ambiguous environment, people who bring ideas to the table but above all, people who deliver software. We look to move forward at pace and we are upbeat and passionate about making things successful!
We're eager to learn and grow. Most of the Engineering team haven't worked in an agile environment and are quickly learning and adapting (and loving the continuous improvement). The team is already highly collaborative, eager to learn and try new things. Most importantly we've also the full backing of the senior management team to put in the right ways of working to suit everyone, to hit our goal of consistency performing engineering team where everyone is happy!
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce, is the most awesome workforce. Over 80% of our Engineering team volunteered their time to be coaches as the recent Rails Girls event - a free workshop aimed at making technology more approachable for women.
We are excited by new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches. We run hackathons where in 24 hours anyone can build and present new ways of thinking to the senior management team! Test new technologies, try new ideas - we're excited to get your ideas out to the world!
Smart Pension is committed to crafting an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
We're excited for you to make Smart Pension an even more awesome place to work!
At Smart, we're a diverse team, made up of people from different backgrounds, experiences and skills. Our goal is to build great products to help people plan for their financial futures. We're constantly developing new ideas to help people look after their pension schemes, in the UK and abroad. We've grown to a team of over 300 talented people, all dedicated to creating the best experience for our customers. Recently we made it onto Great Places to Work UK's Best Workplaces 2020 at the no.70 spot for medium-sized companies! If you think you can help us build a smarter future, come and work with us.
If you have any questions about how we store your data you can view our updated recruitment data policy.
- Experience of IT security (SIEM, CASB, PAM, MDM, EDR etc.) and networking.
- Experience of working within an ISMS (ISO27001) and awareness of GDPR regulations.
- Experience of Technical IT Project Deployments.
- Either a degree or an HND. Qualifications related to IT or Computer Science are preferred.
- Previous technical documentation writing - beneficial.
- AWS, GSuite - beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal Communication is a must, you will be dealing with people at all times.
- Problem Solving, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Teamwork and Attention to detail, are all required.
- Comfortable working under pressure.
- Able to meet goals.
- ??500 personal training budget to spend on books, courses, conferences or training materials to help you develop.
- Health Insurance (via EquipsMe) including Dental, Eyecare and EAP.
- Death in Service via Unum (4 x Base Salary).
- Season ticket loans.
- 5 week sabbatical after 5 years.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays. 1 extra day holiday after 2 years and then every year up to a max of 30 days holiday.
- Free nails and barbers once a month.
- Massage twice a month (only ??5 for all employees) with the money going to Smart's Charity.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity - 6 months fully paid/paternity - 3 weeks fully paid).
- Access to PerkBox.
- Access to Smart Rewards.
- Pension scheme via salary sacrifice. Smart Pension will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Smart Pension employees also enjoy a 30% discount on orders from our sister company Arena Flowers, Britain's most ethical florist. They offer unique hand-tied bouquets, luxury flowers, letterbox flowers, plants and gifts to spend o friends and loved ones or even for yourself.