We are hiring at the DBS2 warehouse!
Adecco, the sole supplier of vacancies at Amazon Bristol.
Great pay rates: ??10.80 per hr + ??1(??11.80) night shift premium.Your mission Warehouse Operatives are at the heart of what Amazon does.
From the moment an order is placed to the moment it is in the customer's hands - it will be your job to receive, pick, pack, sort and ship parcels. You'll be expected to work to the highest standards to make sure Amazon exceeds customer expectations.
- Day shift rates ??9.70ph - ??10.80ph
- Night shift rates ??10.50ph - ??12.76ph
- Overtime rates ??14.25ph - ??21.00ph
- 28 days annual leave
- pension scheme
- Onsite parking available
Health and safety are a top priority with all of Amazon's roles and sites. Amazon continues to consult with medical and health experts, and take all recommended precautions in buildings and stores to keep people healthy. Amazon has taken measures to promote social distancing in the workplace and taken on enhanced and frequent cleaning, to name just a few.Tasks and Responsibilities
As a Temporary Associate, you may be asked to work in various areas of Amazon's Delivery Stations and Sort Centres, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound.
Your tasks may include:
Staging, receiving & sorting parcels into relevant post codes
Feeding the lines, & resorting miss sorts
handling the full range of products sold by Amazon and its Marketplace sellers in the UK, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals
following Amazon's internal processes and procedures, including using radio frequency (RF) scanners and reading instructions from the scanners
About You You'll bring:
You will be required to adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards and consistently achieve Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard (MAPS) set for your department.
The role involves the following physical requirements on a daily basis:
• Standing and/or walking for long periods of between 4 and 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts upto 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Lifting and moving products up to 23kg in weight
• Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 4 to 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts upto 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Pushing and pulling product up to 23kg in weight for between 4 and 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts upto 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
• Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of between 9 to 12 meters (equivalent to a 3 or 4 storey building)
• Regularly climbing and descending four flights of stairs safely
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to meet targets in a fast-paced environment.
- A true commitment to customer service to help deliver a first-class Amazon experience.
- Stand and/or walk for periods of up to 10 hours.
- Lift and move products up to 23kg in weight - manual dexterity is required.
- Lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch of up to 10 hours.
- Push and pull products up to 23kg in weight of up to 10 hours.
- Work on a secure mezzanine at a height of between 9 to 12 metres (equivalent to a 3 or 4 story building).
- Regularly climb and descend four flights of stairs safely.
- Understand training and Health & Safety instructions delivered in English.
Most importantly, you'll work to the highest standards to make sure Amazon exceeds customers' expectations!