Performance Officer – Ref: ES/ES34a
Grade H – £24,230 (2020 award pending)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Full Time 37 hours per week
Fixed Term / Secondment (maternity cover up to seven months)
Closing date – Wednesday 28 October 2020
West Yorkshire Combined Authority is seeking to appoint a Performance Officer to join our Business Support team.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) to ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing quality data reports and analysis of the take up of all LEP products and services, including business grants and advisory support.
- To ensure that data on the business community, particularly those supported by the LEP Business Support Service, is robust and up to date.
- To manage the relationship with the external provider of the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system and to provide training and support to colleagues and delivery partners on use of the system.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following key skills, attributes, and experience:
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret and present complex data swiftly, clearly and accurately.
- Knowledge and experience of working with CRM systems/databases and complex data sets.
- Highly proficient ICT user with experience of advanced Excel functions such as vlookups, pivot tables and complex formulas.
Review the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities. If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Lorna Holroyd on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07973 980654.
For more information about the work of the Combined Authority please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Please note – due to the current restrictions, interviews for this post will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role, Please upload your CV to our online application form via the Apply button now
by 11:55pm on Wednesday 28 October 2020.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to the salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.