IT Support Desk Specialist
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager and playing a key role in the IT Service Delivery team the IT Support Desk Analyst will provide 1st and 2nd line support to both external and internal users of RSSB systems and technology, triaging tickets received via the Service Desk (via the service desk portal, email or phone) resolving tickets and answering queries and requests where possible and escalating tickets to 3rd line support as, when and where necessary in line with escalation process.
- Perform defined daily checks on systems and services provided to RSSB users and members, escalating any issues via the relevant process
- Manage and undertake regular tasks including password reset requests, managing and tracking equipment loans to staff
- Effectively triage new service desk tickets and follow up on outstanding tickets, resolving issues and communicating team members, users and Industry members as, when and where necessary to close tickets within defined SLA's
- Provide user administration (user setup, access control) for RSSB internal and external applications
- Effectively process Starters, Movers and Leavers workflow requests via the Service desk system
- In conjunction with Infrastructure engineers configure and rollout new authorised hardware to users.
- Where possible provide technical and analytical support for systems, data services and associated applications and processes that RSSB deliver to the rail industry.
- Work with IM&T teams to recommend and implement continuous process improvements.
- Monitor application systems availability and processes, taking necessary actions as appropriate in line with SLAs.
- Assist with operational acceptance of new systems and services and updates to these environments.
- Assist with disaster recovery and business continuity planning procedures and testing
- Experience of providing support for:
- Microsoft Active Directory / Azure Active Directory
- User hardware trouble shooting and support
- Experience of working in a technical support role or environment.
- Information Technologyrelated HNC/HND Level 4/5, or relevant experience
- Customer centric approach to support and delivery, ability to deal with customers and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work well within team environments and on own initiative
- Knowledge of device management using InTuneand Autopilot
- Knowledge of Teams Voice (VoIP solution)
- Understanding of Networking, Security and VPN's (Endpoint security including Mimecast, Forcepoint, Sophos)
- Knowledge of Agile project methodologies and Azure Dev Ops.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of Virtualisation (VMware / Hyper-V)
Early applications are encouraged, we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.