Fully Remote- Low Latency Java Developer
Principal Engineer - Electronic Trading - Fully remote Fully remote, hands-on engineering leadership role working within a fast paced FinTech environment, focused on the electronic trading requirements of one of the largest Digital Asset OTC Broker Dealers in the world.
- Hands-on engineering leadership role working within a fast paced FinTech environment, focused on the electronic trading requirements of one of the largest Digital Asset OTC Broker Dealers in the world.
- Key focus on electronification of the business, with algorithmic execution against multiple trading venues and liquidity providers
- Act as a subject matter expert across all technical aspects, including trading connectivity, execution optimisation, latency monitoring and management
- Full stack role, operating in an agile, iterative development environment
- Drive process and technology innovation and automation
- Responsible for development, automated testing, deployment, post-release verification and support
- Deliver high quality code whilst understanding the way the desk operates to optimise for trading strategies and direct line of sight to P&L drivers
- Be passionate about the quality of services being provided, and continuously strive to improve the systems environment
- Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining highly-performant and resilient trading systems
- Prior knowledge or experience with digital assets a plus, but not critical.
- Knowledge of FX, Fixed Income or Equities trading knowledge and electronic-trading strategies an advantage,
- Experience in working with venue based or client connectivity, FIX protocol experience advantageous
- Beneficial to have worked in a low-latency or within co-located environments
- Development best practices and focus on continuous integration and delivery
- Self-starter and comfortable working within a fast-paced trading environment
- Comfortable working remotely and ideally having experience working across time-zones
- Collaboration, communication and technical skills
- Experience of working with or building Smart Order Routers or Algorithmic Execution Engines an advantage