Voice Core Project Manager
A Voice Core Project Manager who has E2E project delivery experience gained in a telecoms environment, preferably in Voice Core, Fixed Transmission Networks and/or mobile operator environment. Must have working experience and knowledge of Mobile telecoms core networks of 2G, 3G and 4G and IT systems.
- Arrange and Facilitate Project Definition Workshop for a new Project.
- Issue the Project Definition Report.
- Establish, Maintain and Publish the MS Project Plan for each Project.
- Establish, Maintain and Publish a Risk Register (RAID) for each Project.
- Establish and implement a Communications Plan for each Project.
- Monitor the Tasks conducted and reported by the Delivery Team.
- Establish and Facilitate Project Events, including where necessary tasks normally associated with a Delivery Manager's role, such as CCR's, Work Request Forms and Change Implementation plans.
- Establish and chair regular project meetings and publish minutes thereof.
- Ensure Products and Services provided by Vendors and 3rd Parties are available as defined within the Project Plan.
- Update Clients Project Management Tool 'Clarity' for Project Milestones.
- Present Project Status Updates at Internal and Client Project Review Meetings.
- Conduct Impact Assessment of Changes to Projects.
- Establish Cross Training Programme for Delivery Managers.
- Identify needs for Delivery Management Resources for Team.
- Ensure all MaGnet tasks for the Project are closed down.
- Closely Monitor the Closure of Project CCR's to ensure Closure within the KPI.
- Monitor & Manage REMEDY cases.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Project Management experience gained in a telecoms environment, preferably within Core Voice Networks and/or mobile operator environment.
- Prince 2, ITIL v3 or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Excellent communication planning and skills.
- Understanding of Core Voice Networks and systems. Ericsson preferred.
- Understanding of IMS Core Networks. Voice Over LTE/WiFI. Ericsson.
- Experience of SIP based Network deployment and delivery management.
- Implementing customer approved end-to-end Project Management Processes from initiation to closure.
- Establishing and Implementing Communication plans.
- Sharing of information with different stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Establish and maintain High level and Low level planning using Microsoft Project and other software tools.
- Manage Subcontractors, 3rd party resources and Delivery Managers.
- Updating Customer Planning and reporting tools.
- Full Acceptance and handover process development and implementation.
- Knowledge of Telefonica O2 networks and processes (highly desirable)
- Experience of Telefonica O2 systems:
- MaGnet plus
- Positive and proactive attitude with 'Can Do' mentality.
- Ability to effectively manage own time across multiple projects.
- Ability to demand and obtain support from all project resources eg Vendors and 3rd
- Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively at all levels within customer and vendor organisations.
- Ability to see the bigger picture of projects in the context of the overall programme and strategy.
- In a position to work 24/7, managing project events out of hours.
- Work on customer premises as required.